Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For a thicker smoothie, use frozen blueberries.
- 8 ounces blueberries (about 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- fresh blueberries (for garnish)
- thinly sliced orange peel (for garnish)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in blender.
- Puree until thick and smooth.
- Pour smoothie into 2 glasses.
- Sprinkle each smoothie with blueberries.
- Top with thinly sliced orange peel; serve.
My DH never met a smoothie he didn't like...and he really loved this one. We subbed 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt for the frozen yogurt since we don't usually have that on hand, but all other ingredients were as listed. It whizzed up nicely, but turned an odd blue/orange color that I couldn't quite describe. The one flaw to this smoothie, besides the color, was the texture. The blueberry skins made it kind of "pulpy" to me; but if you like pulp in your orange juice, which I don't, you will like this smoothie.