Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I decided to bake fresh scones for our anniversary breakfast yesterday, but was out of the sour cream and fresh lemon juice my favorite recipe required. So I got creative, and subbed ricotta cheese for the sour cream, and orange juice for the lemon. These turned out to be the very best scones I've ever made!
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or hands, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add cheese, orange juice, and egg, blending well.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Mix until a consistent dough is formed. If too sticky, add more flour. Divide into two lumps. Pat out on floured surface, into two rounds about 7" in diameter and 3/4" thick. Put on parchment-covered baking sheet, and score each round into 4 wedges. Separate wedges slightly.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown, about 20 minutes.