La Dilettante's Note:
I decided to bake fresh scones for our anniversary breakfast yesterday, but was out of the sour cream and fresh lemon juice my favorite recipe required. So I got creative, and subbed ricotta cheese for the sour cream, and orange juice for the lemon. These turned out to be the very best scones I've ever made!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together dry ingredients.
- 2Cut in butter with a pastry blender or hands, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add cheese, orange juice, and egg, blending well.
- 4Stir in blueberries.
- 5Mix until a consistent dough is formed. If too sticky, add more flour. Divide into two lumps. Pat out on floured surface, into two rounds about 7" in diameter and 3/4" thick. Put on parchment-covered baking sheet, and score each round into 4 wedges. Separate wedges slightly.
- 6Bake at 350 until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Orange Ricotta Scones
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.9
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 370.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g