Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Each serving is 2 pancakes each. I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping. I plan to use Splenda sugar blend in place of the sugar.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 170.09 g plain low-fat yogurt
- 78.07 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml grated orange zest
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- maple syrup
- Heat oven to 250. Place a large baking sheet in oven.
- Blend botrh kinds of flour, the sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine yogurt, milk, juice, eggs, oil, orange zest and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon batter by 1/4-cupfuls onto skillet, spreading to a diameter of 4-inches. Sprinkle 5 or 6 blueberries onto each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on surface, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook until underside is lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Transfer pancakes to baking sheet in oven keep warm. Repeat with batter and berries for a total of 16 pancakes. Serve with maple syrup.
Pretty much followed your recipe when making these substantial 'cakes, but I was generous with the orange zest! Really enjoyed the lemon-&-blueberry combo! Served them with a choice of pure maple syrup or a homemade blueberry sauce, & this time around I preferred the latter! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
These pancakes have a very good taste. I omitted the salt. I put more than 6 blueberries on some pancakes. I added a little bit of milk cause they were too thick for me. Thanks Internetnut :) Made for Home Garden event