Recipe by internetnut
Each serving is 2 pancakes each. I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping. I plan to use Splenda sugar blend in place of the sugar.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Pretty much followed your recipe when making these substantial 'cakes, but I was generous with the orange zest! Really enjoyed the lemon-&-blueberry combo! Served them with a choice of pure maple syrup or a homemade blueberry sauce, & this time around I preferred the latter! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 250. Place a large baking sheet in oven.
- Blend botrh kinds of flour, the sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine yogurt, milk, juice, eggs, oil, orange zest and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon batter by 1/4-cupfuls onto skillet, spreading to a diameter of 4-inches. Sprinkle 5 or 6 blueberries onto each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on surface, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook until underside is lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Transfer pancakes to baking sheet in oven keep warm. Repeat with batter and berries for a total of 16 pancakes. Serve with maple syrup.