Recipe by Kat's Mom
I have had a small metal decorative plate for many years. This recipe is printed on it and I somehow never got around to trying it. It sounds similar to a Cranberry Nut bread that is one of my favorites, but is a bit different from the other blueberry bread recipes here at Zaar. Since my family is "cranberried out" after the holidays, I am going to make this for New Year's Day. There are no directions on the plate, just the ingredient list. Times are a guess-timate and I will update this right after I bake it.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 118.29 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 14.79 ml orange rind, grated
- 158.51 ml orange juice
- 236.59 ml blueberries (fresh, frozen or drained canned)
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift/mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and add to the dry mixture.
- Add melted butter, milk, and orange juice.
- Mix just until you have a smooth batter.
- Gently fold in blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour into two greased & floured loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
- Cool on a rack.
- Wrap and store in the refrigerator.