1/1 Photo of Blueberry-Orange Nut Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Kat's Mom's Note:
I have had a small metal decorative plate for many years. This recipe is printed on it and I somehow never got around to trying it. It sounds similar to a Cranberry Nut bread that is one of my favorites, but is a bit different from the other blueberry bread recipes here at Zaar. Since my family is "cranberried out" after the holidays, I am going to make this for New Year's Day. There are no directions on the plate, just the ingredient list. Times are a guess-timate and I will update this right after I bake it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh, frozen or drained canned)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sift/mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
- 3Beat eggs in a small bowl and add to the dry mixture.
- 4Add melted butter, milk, and orange juice.
- 5Mix just until you have a smooth batter.
- 6Gently fold in blueberries and walnuts.
- 7Pour into two greased & floured loaf pans.
- 8Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
- 9Cool on a rack.
- 10Wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Orange Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 194.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g