Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
The subtle flavor of orange in a blueberry muffin is one my family likes.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, orange zest, and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add in blueberries; toss to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, butter, egg, and salt together; add to flour mixture.
- Stir quickly just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, dividing evenly.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the topping: mix the butter and orange juice together in a bowl.
- Pour sugar into another bowl.
- When muffins are read, remove from tins; dip tops into butter mixture and then into the sugar.
Blueberries sank to the bottom of the muffins, despite coating them in flour first. Taste is good, not exceptional. Soft, cake-like texture.
One of my favorite recipes! Yum!!!