Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Fitness magazine, November 2006
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat two 4-by-6-inch mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
- Stir in blueberries and make a well; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients.
- Pour mixture into well in dry ingredients and stir until mix is just moistened and batter is still slightly lumpy.
- Pour batter into pans until they are three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon sugar evenly over both loaves.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until tops are light golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan on a rack, then remove from pan to cool completely.