Recipe by Mims & Squims
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream! Note: If you don't have & can't get maple sugar, use light brown sugar instead.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, frozen (in one piece)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F; spray 10-inch deep dish pie plat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl, toss together blueberries, maple sugar, orange juice, and vanilla. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Pour into pie dish and bake 12 minutes.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Grate frozen butter over flour mixture and stir. Add orange juice and loosely blend. Do not overmix.
- Spoon dollops batter over baked blueberries. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until top is golden and fruit is bubbly.