Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, add first 4 ingredients; stir to mix.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together boiling water and butter until butter is melted.
- In another bowl, add eggs, sugar, orange juice, and orange rind; mix well.
- Add this mixture to the butter mixture; stir well.
- Add liquid mixture to the flour mixture; stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tests done.
- Cool loaf in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove loaf from the pan; cool completely; wrap in foil to store.