1/5 Photos of Blueberry-Orange Bread
1 hr 5 mins
C Powell's Note:
A wonderful recipie for blueberries. Adapted from "Blueberry Thrills" by Katherine Knapp Aho.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease well, two 1 1/2 quart casseroles or two 9x5" loaf pans.
- 2Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add orange juice, butter or margarine and orange peel.
- 4Stir egg mixture into the flour until the flour is just moistened.
- 5Do not over mix.
- 6Dredge the blueberries in a small amount of flour, add to the mixture, gently stirring them into the batter.
- 7Pour into baking dishes.
- 8Bake in a preheated oven set at 375° for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Remove loaves from baking dishes and cool on wire racks or serve immediately as desired.
- 10Best served the day made.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Orange Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1873.4
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 484.0 mg
- Sodium 4356.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 350.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 147.8 g
- Protein 40.7 g