- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (fructose works fine)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (one will work)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease well, two 1 1/2 quart casseroles or two 9x5" loaf pans.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add orange juice, butter or margarine and orange peel.
- Stir egg mixture into the flour until the flour is just moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Dredge the blueberries in a small amount of flour, add to the mixture, gently stirring them into the batter.
- Pour into baking dishes.
- Bake in a preheated oven set at 375° for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove loaves from baking dishes and cool on wire racks or serve immediately as desired.
- Best served the day made.