Delicious crumbly scones - either blueberry or chocolate - copied from Sunday Baker (http://www.sundaybaker.net/2008/06/blueberry-cream-scones-with-butter.html)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (or mini-chocolate chips)
egg mixture to brush on top
Golden Butter Sauce
- 1Mix in large bowl the flour, sugar, salt & baking powder.
- 2Cut in butter with pastry blender (or fork) until flour becomes crumbly.
- 3Then add the beaten egg, cream and vanilla, combine just until mixed. (Gently use hands so you don't over-mix or the scones will be tough, not crumbly.).
- 4Carefully fold in blueberries with hands (if using chocolate chips, you don't have to be as gentle.) Do not over-mix.
- 5On a floured surface, knead by hand for a minute and then form a 6 inch circle.
- 6Cut into 8 triangles with a pizza cutter. Put onto a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 7Brush with the cream/egg mixture.
- 8Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove to cooling racks.
- 9To make butter mixture, combine all 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts.
- 10Pierce the scone with your fork in a few places, and pour some butter sauce over scone.
- 11Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea!
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry (Or Chocolate Chip) Scones With Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.4
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.4 mg
- Sodium 335.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g