Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my go-to recipe for blueberry or chocolate chip muffins. These are soft and moist and stay that way even when cooled. I think they are the perfect sweetness, too. An endless variety of mix-ins can be used. (Recipe is scaled down for 16-18 mini or 5-6 standard muffins.)
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour (1 cup weighs 4.5 oz)
- 89.90 ml white sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml blueberries (or other mix-ins) or 177.44 ml chocolate chips (or other mix-ins)
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 28.39 ml grapeseed oil or 28.39 ml canola oil
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
- Whisk dry ingredients and mix-ins in one bowl and set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredients in another bowl. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and use a spatula to very gently fold mixtures together, about 5 or 6 strokes only. There will be lumps; do not over-mix.
- Spoon batter into greased mini muffin tin and bake at 375 deg. F. for 10-12 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
Just for everyone's info, 3/8 of a cup is equal to 6 Tbsp., and 1/8 cup is equal to 2 Tbsp. Still working on the recipe, but I thought this might be helpful.
Quick, Easy and delicious. I did add cinnamon and sugar sprinkled over the top before baking, however I wouldn't make any other changes.
No complaints. I've used this recipe several times and they have been great every time. The adjustable yield has come in very handy! I do find the recipe does make more that predicted.<br/>Very highly recommended! Very moist. I actually cut the oil a little this time.