Recipe by May M
This is my go-to recipe for blueberry or chocolate chip muffins. These are soft and moist and stay that way even when cooled. I think they are the perfect sweetness, too. An endless variety of mix-ins can be used. (Recipe is scaled down for 16-18 mini or 5-6 standard muffins.)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (1 cup weighs 4.5 oz)
- 3⁄8 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries (or other mix-ins) or 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips (or other mix-ins)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄8 cup grapeseed oil or 1⁄8 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
- Whisk dry ingredients and mix-ins in one bowl and set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredients in another bowl. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and use a spatula to very gently fold mixtures together, about 5 or 6 strokes only. There will be lumps; do not over-mix.
- Spoon batter into greased mini muffin tin and bake at 375 deg. F. for 10-12 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.