Recipe by Sarah Chana
Not your average cheesecake! (Tho, I must admit, I have rarely met a cheesecake I didn't like...) Very rich, makes a beautiful presentation, and easy too. Use the pie filling of your choice. The cousin who made this for me uses blueberry. I'm planning to go with cherry when I make this. I'm not sure re the exact size of the box of graham crackers, but use a full regular sized box, or the equivalent in canned graham cracker crumbs.
- 1 (1 lb) box graham cracker, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling (or cherry)
- 8 ounces whipping cream (can substitute frozen whipped topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together crust ingredients.
- Press into 9" x 13" pan, and bake for 7 minutes at 350F, and cool.
- Mix together the filling ingredients until smooth.
- Pour on top of crust.
- FREEZE for about 30 minutes.
- While in the freezer, whip up the whipping cream (or frozen whipped topping).
- When cake comes out of the freezer, spread the top with the can of pie filling, making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Top with whipping cream, making sure the cake is fully covered with a nice layer.
- Freeze for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and refrigerate until serving.