Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Source, Taste Of Home ---so easy and so delicious!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 (21 ounce) cans blueberry pie filling or 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar; fold in whipped cream and cake cubes.
- Spread evenly into a 13x9 ungreased pan; top with pie filling.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares.
Simply deliecious and easy! Only a couple of steps and instant wonderful! I used blueberry filling the first time I made this and then I used peach pie filling. Both were wonderful and consumed by DH!
I've made this dessert for years & it never fails to impress. I add 1/2 cup of chopped, toasted pecans to the cream cheese mixture, then layer it in a trifle bowl with the pie filling. I spread the top with plain Cool Whip & sprinkle it with more chopped, toasted pecans. Very pretty & very good....
I made this from the Quick cooking magazine for a dinner gathering and it was the rave of the gathering. I hope to make it again.