1/1 Photo of Blueberry Oatmeal Squares
1 hr 10 mins
Delightful combination of blueberries and rolled oats make a wonderful square. Taken from a magazine I read on my way to work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Filling: In saucepan bring blueberries, sugar and orange juice to boil; reduce the heat and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Whisk cornstarch with 2 tbsp water and whisk into blueberries and boil, stirring until thickened, about 1 minute.
- 3Place plastic wrap on the surface of berries and refrigerate until cooled, about 1 hour.
- 4In large bowl whisk together oats, flour, orange rind and salt.
- 5With pastry blender cut in cold butter until you have coarse crumbs.
- 6Press 1/2 of mixture into a 8 inch square parchment lined metal cake pan.
- 7Spread with blueberry filling.
- 8Sprinkle with the rest of oat mixture and press lightly.
- 9Bake in centre of a 350 degree oven until lightly brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool and cut into squares.
- 11Time does not include the 1 hour of cooling the blueberry filling.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Oatmeal Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 83.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g