1/1 Photo of Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins With Walnuts
From the website SuperFoodsRX. This recipe is one healthy superstar. It contains at least six superfoods (seven if you count eggs in that list) and adds fiber, ascorbic acid, potassium, polyphenols, protein, magnesium, zinc, copper, selenium, B Vitamins, Vitamin E, and several powerful antioxidants, to name a few. How can you say no to these muffins? These are great right out of the oven, but you can make ahead for a week of healthy grab-and-go breakfasts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml pure maple syrup
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml old fashioned oats
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml dried fruit (such as blueberries or cherries)
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 354.88 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Place muffin liners/papers in muffin pan; set aside. This recipe will make 6 jumbo muffins or 12 regular-sized muffins.
- 3Mix applesauce, butter, yogurt, egg, vanilla and maple syrup together in large bowl until smooth; set aside.
- 4In separate bowl, mix whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, dried fruit, walnuts and cinnamon together.
- 5Mix in the blueberries so that they are coated with dry ingredients (this will keep the blueberries evenly distributed through the batter).
- 6Gently fold dry mixture into wet ingredients until just moistened.
- 7Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes, or until tops are dry and golden.
- 8Turn onto wire rack. Cool and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins With Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.7
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 337.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g