1/1 Photo of Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (Low Sugar)
These blueberry muffins came from Cooking Light, February 2006, but I made a couple of variations to lighten the sugar and fat load even more. Taste great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups oatmeal
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup prune baby food (or prune puree or other fat replacement product)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Put oatmeal into a food processor to process until resembles course meal.
- 3Mix all dry ingredients together well with wire whisk.
- 4Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- 5In a separate bowl mix well buttermilk, prune baby food, lemon zest, and egg substitute.
- 6Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients stirring slowly until just combined.
- 7Mix blueberries and 2 tbs flour together to coat blueberries.
- 8Carefully fold blueberries into batter.
- 9Spoon batter into a prepared muffin tin (cooking spray or muffin paper).
- 10Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- 11Let cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (Low Sugar)
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 215.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: