Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1 cup blueberries, drained
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Line 12 medium muffin cups, 2 1/2x1 1/2 inches, with paper baking cups, or grease bottoms only of muffin cups.
- Mix all ingredients except blueberries just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 425F. Decrease brown sugar to 1/3 cup. Bake about 20 minutes.
I like blueberries, oatmeal and yogurt so I had to like this!! Good frozen then nuked as well. Thanks Dancer^.
Very good muffins and very healthy. I only had a 6 oz Greek yogurt but added sour cream to make it a cup. My batter seemed a little dry so I added a little buttermilk as well. They turned out perfectly! I also used half all purpose flour and half fresh ground whole wheat flour. Thanks for posting!
I'm in love with this muffin. They are so delish and pretty to look at!