- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1 cup blueberries, drained
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Line 12 medium muffin cups, 2 1/2x1 1/2 inches, with paper baking cups, or grease bottoms only of muffin cups.
- Mix all ingredients except blueberries just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 425F. Decrease brown sugar to 1/3 cup. Bake about 20 minutes.