Recipe by Chef amfox
A very moist cookie similar to an oatmeal raisin cookie, but with blueberries. Not too sweet & quite tasty! From "Best of Country Cookies," Taste of Home Books (1999).
Top Review by sassyrock
Great recipe! If using fresh blueberries, if you freeze them, it cuts down on how much your cookies will turn purple. I have also rinsed the berries off, rolled them in sugar before freezing. Also try using dried blueberries or a combination of dried blueberries/cranberries...great as well. I put walnuts with my cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 2. In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to the creamed butter and brown sugar.
- 3. Once combined, fold in the blueberries.
- 4. Drop tablespoon sized cookies 2 in apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 F for 12-14 or until lightly browned.