Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adapted this original recipe that had raisins to include dried blueberries instead. It can be used with old fashioned oats or quick-cook.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix till fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking soda,cinnamon and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in oats and blueberries mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 min cool 1 min on sheet before placing on cooling rack.
Cookies were very good, don't know what my sisters like better, the cookies or the fact their big brother baked them! Very easy to make. This is the same recipe that is under the Quaker Oats lid, with dried blueberries substituted for raisins. A nice treat for those that don't like raisins.