Got this one from my mom. I haven't tried it yet but will this summer. Posted for safe-keeping. From Gooseberry Patch Hometown Favorites.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, egg, sugar, 3/4 cup milk, and oil to a mixing bowl; stir to mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread batter into lightly greased 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 20-25 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, almond extract, and 3 teaspoons milk.
- Pour/drizzle over warm cake; serve.
Very good. I used a whole pint of blueberries and baked this in a loaf pan for about 50 minutes. I skipped the glaze since I like my breakfast foods less sweet. I've learned from past experiences that in the summer my house gets so warm that berries in breads and muffins will start to ferment and get a funky taste... so I cut the loaf in half and froze half and stored the other in the fridge with very good results.
This is a really delicious cake! I actually had this cake as a dessert. I love blueberries, and this cake is bursting with em! I didn't really want to make a glaze so I actually added some almond extract into the cake batter. Will be making this one again! Thanks NurseDi!
Good with coffee or tea! I used butter instead of oil and, I also cut the sugar to 1/2 cup. The amount of sweetness was perfect. I didn't have any almond extract on-hand so, I used vanilla in the icing. Next time, I'd make sure I had the almond for better flavor. I'd also try adding some vanilla extract to the batter. <br/>This recipe was fast and easy. Thanks for sharing!