Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I orignally got this from Ladies Home Journal. It smells amazing when baking and comes out a gorgeous color--looks like one big blueberry muffin!
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch round baking pan; set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir egg, milk and oil in small bowl.
- Add all at once to dry mixture.
- Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy!).
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5-10 minutes.
I added a teaspoon of almond extract and I still thought this was lacking in flavor. I'm not sure what it needs to improve on it, perhaps more berries and some vanilla. I do think it is worth experimenting with, because it does have a nice texture and it is so easy to prepare.
Quick to prepare and tasty.