Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This healthy bread is moist and bursting with fresh blueberries. Wonderful for breakfast or an anytime of the day snack.
Top Review by Mizzy
very good breakfast bread, the texture is nice and so is the flavor. I added some spices: cinnamon and nutmeg to enhance the blueberry flavor. Also, it took a little longer than 60 minutes to bake. thanks for posting!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking rolled oats
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 295.73 ml skim milk
- 78.07 ml oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml grated lemon, rind of
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil, vanilla, lemon peel and eggs; blend well. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.