This healthy bread is moist and bursting with fresh blueberries. Wonderful for breakfast or an anytime of the day snack.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil, vanilla, lemon peel and eggs; blend well. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
very good breakfast bread, the texture is nice and so is the flavor. I added some spices: cinnamon and nutmeg to enhance the blueberry flavor. Also, it took a little longer than 60 minutes to bake. thanks for posting!
This is a very good recipe overall! I admit I did tweak a tiny bit - I only had an orange (not a lemon) in the house so I substituted orange zest for the lemon, and used about 1/2 cup of juice squeezed from the orange in place of some of the milk. Otherwise made as written, and it's great!
I absolutely loved this bread as is. The oatmeal makes it delicious and healthy. I have made this over and over and everyone who trys it is crazy about it. Thanks so much for an awesome recipe