Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Lee Murphy, Knox County Health Dept
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup equivalent sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (may substitute strawberries, blackberries, etc.)
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats, divided
- 8 tablespoons trans fat-free margarine, spread,divided
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- In a saucepan, combine water and cornstarch over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in sugar until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or longer, until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix and 1 cup oats.
- Cut in 6 tablespoons butter until crumbly.
- Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Stir egg whites into remaining crumb mixture.
- Press into baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread blueberry mixture on top of cake mix.
- Combine reserved cup of crumb mixture with remaining oats and brown sugar.
- Cut in remaining butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- May serve with frozen yogurt or lowfat ice cream.
Oops I forgot to rate this recipe; I don't know how I did that because it was sooooooooo good! I used the splenda and reduced fat margarine and you would have never known! It was wonderful! Thanks alot!