Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Discovering wonderful smoothies with oatmeal here on Zaar, I was moved to create my own. This fruity, low-fat breakfast will keep you going all morning. [If you're like me, you may be tempted to eat the whole batch :-)]
- 1 1⁄3 cups frozen blueberries
- 3 small kiwi fruits (use VERY ripe ones!)
- 2 large bananas, frozen
- 3 -5 dates (I used fresh ones, but dried would be fine)
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- Cover the dates ( however many you like, depending on sweetness) with 1/2 cup very warm water, cover and let them soften up for about 5 minutes.
- Break up the bananas into chunks and add to the food processor with the kiwi and blueberries.
- Add the dates and their soaking water. Blend well, till most date chunks are gone.
- Add the oats and blend again, till they are the consistency you like. You will probably need to add more water, this gets very thick.
- Enjoy with a spoon!
Had this for lunch today. Delish! It halved easily in my Magic Bullet. Thanks, White Rose Child! Made for Vegetarian Recipe Swap.
I enjoyed this filling smoothie this morning for breakfast! Lots of healthy stuff! Thick and tasty! Thanks!
Made this for a quick breakfast this morning on my way out the door before work. I have never had a smoothie with oats before and wasn't quite sure what to expect but it was delicious.