Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderful treat 8)
Make and share this Blueberry Oat Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven 375.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Combine the flour,oats,sugar,baking powder salt& nutmeg.
- mixing well.
- Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In a small mixing bowl,beat the egg slightly,beat in orange juice& peel.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture,and stir just enough to blend.
- Stir in berries.
- Knead into a small ball.
- Put onto a cookie sheet,& with floured hands,& press into a 8 inch circle.
- Cut into 10 wedges.
- Do not separate,then brush the top of the dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
These scones really are a wonderful treat, Ocean Ivy!!! I'm still trying to use up our frozen berries from last year, this filled the bill perfectly!! I froze 8 of the scones and we ate two for dessert. I made a blueberry sauce and we put it on top of the sliced open scone. Mmmm Nymmmy!! Kinda like blueberry shortcake!! I will be making these again for keeping in the freezer. Thanks for sharing!! — Jul 25, 2002, 2 members found this helpfulUPDATE: Have been making these quite regularly, they are delicious, made them this morning for breakfast, a nice treat, we had them with a little marmalade which really brings out the orange in them. Have to admit I used 1 full cup of berries and I don't bother putting the butter and sugar on top, it dosen't need it with all the berries. MMMMMM melt in your mouth goodness!! — May 28, 2005, 5 members found this helpful me again!! sooo good did them for breakfast for guests, everyone loved them, thanks again!
Very nice. Not too sweet..crumbly texture and great subtle orange flavour. Easy to make Catherine
These are the best blueberry oat scones I have made. I have also substituted milk for the orange juice as a personal preference. This is a recipe that gets asked for! PS--I find that it's best to store these in the fridge or freeze if you have them more than a day or so. Otherwise, use dried berries.