Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The juice from the thawed frozen blueberries makes such a lovely sauce for oatmeal, oat bran or plain yogurt!
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup frozen blueberries
- milk (optional) or soymilk (optional)
- brown sugar (optional)
- Cook oats according to directions (about 4 minutes for regular oats, 1-2 for quick-cooking).
- Thaw blueberries in microwave by heating for about 45 seconds-1 minute.
- Pour blueberries and the resulting juice over the oatmeal and stir.
- Add your favorite toppings - I like vanilla soymilk and a little brown sugar.
Why are there so few recipes for oat bran on here?? ... I was glad to find this one. I added Splenda because the blueberries didn't add as much sweetness as I expected. I microwaved the berries for about half a minute, which was plenty. The taste was good -- the directions are a little confusing, though, because although the recipe is "Blueberry Oat Bran," the ingredients seem to call for oats. Overall, though, a nice recipe. Thanks for posting!
My second time I cooked the berries with the oat bran and it turned out great. Thanks for posting, Roxygirl
This is my favorite oat bran dish. I eat it almost every day. I like to add cinnamon and Splenda.