These keep well. Feel free to use pie filling or make your own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup margarine or 3/4 cup butter, melted
Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease an 11x7-inch glass baking dish.
- 3Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, nuts, baking soda and salt.
- 4Add margarine, mixing until crumbly.
- 5Reserve 3/4 cup mixture; press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared dish.
- 6Bake 10 minutes.
- 7To make homemade fillin-- Combine blueberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons water.
- 8Bring to a boil, simmer 2 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- 9Combine remaining 1 tablespoon water, cornstarch, and lemon juice; mix well.
- 10Gradually stir into blueberry mixture; cook and stir about 30 seconds or until thickened.
- 11Spread blueberry filling over partially baked base to within 1/4 inch of edge; sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- 12Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- 13Cool on wire rack; cut into bars.
- 14Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Oat Bars
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 191.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g