Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These keep well. Feel free to use pie filling or make your own.
Make and share this Blueberry Oat Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
Blueberry Pie Filling
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 11x7-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, nuts, baking soda and salt.
- Add margarine, mixing until crumbly.
- Reserve 3/4 cup mixture; press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared dish.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- To make homemade fillin-- Combine blueberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons water.
- Bring to a boil, simmer 2 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon water, cornstarch, and lemon juice; mix well.
- Gradually stir into blueberry mixture; cook and stir about 30 seconds or until thickened.
- Spread blueberry filling over partially baked base to within 1/4 inch of edge; sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack; cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered.