Recipe by LAURIE
DBF and DS both love blueberries so when we head to the northwoods we always pick them fresh off our property. This is a great bread that they both enjoy! I always make this when we are going camping. Posted from a blueberry website and a Canadian cookbook.
Top Review by nemokitty
This turned out very dry for me. I had to cook it 1 hour and 15 minutes because there was so much batter. I should have put it in 2 loaf pans. The taste was good... just very dry.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use applesauce)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup nutmeats
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (orange rind or 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine beaten eggs, milk and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Mix lightly to dampen.
- Stir in nutmeats and blueberries.
- Spoon into loaf pan ( I use an old fashioned long narrow pan).
- Let stand about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350ºF for 1 hour.