Recipe by Kree
This is from a local 4-H Cookbook. It was shared by Ruth Rizzo of Clayton, NY. I added my own healthy touches, of course. Prep time includes 20 minutes sitting time.
Top Review by Mary Christmas
This is a lovely, tender bread. I added 1/2 teaspoon each of vanilla and almond extract and I did not allow the batter to stand for the stated amount of time. I also divided the batter among four small loaf pans and reduced the bake time (don't remember how long I baked them). Can't wait to make this again in the coming summer months.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 eggs, well beaten or 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Add berries and the nuts.
- Combine the eggs, milk, and oil; stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Pour into a wax paper lined 9x5-inch loaf pan, or one sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350; bake one hour or until done.