Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
An easy to make fresh blueberry pie that won't heat up your kitchen in the summer. My family loves the fresh taste, one cup of blueberries is cooked on the stove top to make a glaze and is poured over fresh blueberries. If I am short of 4 cups blueberries I just use less fresh ones, it's still great!
- 1 (3 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 1 shortbread pie crusts or 1 graham cracker ready-made pie crust
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (less works too)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Spread soft cream cheese in the bottom of the pie shell. Fill with 3 (or less) cups blueberries.
- Combine 1 cup blueberries and the water; bring just to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually add cooked blueberry mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly till thick and clear. Cool slightly, add lemon juice.
- Pour over berries in pie shell. Chill.