Recipe by chia
i really like this recipe because it is so easy to throw together, no peeling involved.
Top Review by KelBel
Delicious. I halved the recipe and served it warm with vanilla ice cream. Make sure you simmer the port and sugar for 3 min. It reduces down and makes a nice thick syrup. Then add the port and cornstarch and you get a nice burst of the port and vanilla flavor. Topping is buttery and a perfect compliment to the fruit. Excellent!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into cubes (1 stick)
- 2 lbs nectarines, halved,pitted,and cut into 8 wedges each (about 6)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup ruby port, divided
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- for topping:.
- combine sugar and flour in a bowl.
- add butter and rub with fingers until crumbly.
- for filling:.
- preheat oven to 350.
- butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- in a large bowl add nectarines, blueberries.
- mix vanilla, arrowroot and 1/4 c port together in a small cup, set aside.
- in a saucepan add sugar and remaining port, bring to a boil, boil for 3 minutes, whisking.
- add cornstarch mixture, stir to thicken.
- pour into fruit.
- put fruit filling in the baking dish.
- sprinkle topping over.
- bake about 40 minutes until bubbly and topping is crisp.
- cool, serve warm.