1 hr 15 mins
I saw this advertised on a food network commercial. It looked really good, so I wanted to put it here so I would remember. I'll probably make this for my graduation party in June!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ripe nectarines, about 1 pound
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry tapioca
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced into small pieces, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- 1Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- 2For the fruit: Halve the nectarines along their natural seam, but leave skins on. Cut each half into 3 wedges. Toss nectarines with blueberries, sugar, and tapioca and put into a buttered 9-inch round gratin or casserole dish. Dot the top of the fruit with the pieces of butter.
- 3For the cobbler top: Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Rub in 2 tablespoons of the butter with your fingertips until no visible pieces remain. Rub in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter just until it is in even, pea-size pieces. Whisk together the egg and cream and stir into the dry ingredients to make a shaggy, loose dough.
- 4Spoon large spoonfuls of dough on top of the fruit in clumps (it should look like rough, old-fashioned cobblestones, hence the name cobbler). Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the topping comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool cobbler on a rack, about 20 minutes.
- 5Serve warm or room temperature, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Nectarine Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.8
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 264.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 45.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g