Adapted from Barefoot Contessa
Make and share this Blueberry Muffins With Streusel Topping Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- For the topping: In a medium bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Add the 4 tablespoons butter and combine with a fork until the topping resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Place paper baking liners in muffin pans. In a separate medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffly, about 5 minutes.
- At low speed, beat one egg at a time, then add vanilla, sour cream and milk until combined. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients at a time and beat until just combined. Carefully fold in blueberries into batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans filling each cup to the top. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter. Be generous.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.