Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Muffins loaded with blueberries and a sweet streusel topping packs a great flavor using buttermilk and pastry flour. This is how I make my kids favorite snack or on the go breakfast. They can never get enough! They come out moist inside with a nice crunch on top and are always requested ;)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour (pastry flour)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and butter that has been melted and browned slightly. Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in liquid ingredients, mixing quickly.
- Fold in blueberries (if using frozen DO NOT THAW). Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs; sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over each muffin.
- Bake til golden brown. Bake at 400 F for 20 -30 minutes.
These were great! I have some blueberries "put up" in the freezer so I decided to give this recipe a try. I used all purpose flour because that's what I had on hand and I used 2 cups of blueberries because I wanted lots of fruit. These were not too sweet and just delish! I'll be making them again. They were done in the minimum amount of time.