These muffins are very good!! (I find Splenda fine to cook with but sweeter than what we are used to, so I usually cut the quantity back to our taste, sometimes a quarter less, sometimes in half.)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup light margarine, softened
- 1 cup Splenda granular (depending on how sweet you want the muffins, I cut the splenda back to 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift flour,baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, beat margarine, splenda granular and honey with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, add vanilla.
- Alternately stir in flour and milk.
- When blended, fold in berries.
- Spoon batter into paper lined or greased muffin cups.
- Bake until golden in a preheated oven at 350f degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing.
Great recipe. I followed it exactly and I didn't find it too sweet. I am going out of town tomorrow to stay with family and will be making another batch to take wtih me because I know that they will all enjoy it. Thanks for posting this.
I nixed the honey and milk and used the full cup of splenda and subbed water. I used stone ground wheat flour (which made this batch so much better) and did half blueberries half apples because I didn't have enough blueberries. added cinnamon, and subbed low sodium salt (i shoulda used more salt than what I did... I love salt and don't usually use the low sodium stuff) i only used 6tbsp of butter to save 70 calories for the total batch calorie count. Wound up totaling 45 calories each- 15 muffins. They were pretty good. My little boy tore em up
Yum! This recipe isn't anything new or fancy or uber-fantastic, but the muffins are definitely very good. I really like the use of honey in these. I added some raspberries to my muffins as a little addition, which I do not regret one bit. I substituted all of the margarine for applesauce as well, and they came out very very yummy.