Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make this with or without sugar. Using sugar makes them a bit more tender.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt (less than 1% MF)
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons liquid sweetener (see Note)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg, fork beaten
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Mix first 4 ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Make a well in center.
- Add yogurt, sweetener, milk and egg to well.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Quickly stir in blueberries.
- Spray muffin cups with no stick cooking spray.
- Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake in 400 F.
- oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
- Yield: 12 medium muffins.
- NOTE: To use sugar, omit sweetener and add 1/3 cup granulated sugar.
- Add 22 calories per muffin.
- Calories per muffin with liquid sweetener.
- 109 Cholesterol.
- 19 mg Sodium.
- 143 mg Fat.
- trace Company's Coming Light Recipes.
Made these this morning and they were good for no sugar and low fat. I did not add the liquid sweetener and used 1/4 c. Splenda instead. They were not sweet at all, but the berries were enough for us to be happy! A nice option for those watching their diets. Thanks.
Made for Pool Party Swap May 2010. h these are gooooooood!!I made these to take for our roadtrip to Florida using frozen strawberries i picked last summer. DH did not know these were lowfat and loved them. I did add in 1 1/2 c berries as we love the fruit and it kept them moist for the drive south. I used Truvia as my sweetener and used 2 1/2 tsp. (2 1/2 packets granulated) Thank you for a great recipe.
Great muffins! My new favorite. I mixed up the flour, instead of using all-purpose, I used 1/2 c. all-purpose, 1/2 c. almond flour, 1/2 c. oat flour and 1/2 c. whole wheat. Trying to get more fiber and nutrients. Also used egg beaters and 1 1/2 c. blueberries because I really like my muffins full of fruit. They taste so good its hard to keep from eating to many. Thanks for the recipe its a keeper for me.