Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are surprisingly muffin-like.
Make and share this Blueberry Muffins-low Carb recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons oat bran, plus
- 1 tablespoon Atkins baking mix, mixed together
- 1 cup Atkins baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup club soda
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries or 1⁄2 cup strawberries or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, if not sweet sprinkle with
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 6-cup muffin tin with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Evenly sprinkle the pan with the wheat bran and soy flour mix, being careful to coat the sides of the cups also; this will prevent sticking.
- In a bowl using a wire whisk, mix all the remaining ingredients, except the blueberries, until well blended.
- Then fold in the blueberries and fill the 6 muffins cups evenly with the batter.
- Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool before refrigerating.
- Serve warm with butter or cold with cream cheese.