Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
I made a few changes to a recipe of my mothers to make it a little more healthier
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons applesauce (unflavored)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium-size bowl.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites, orange juice, oil and vanilla
- Add to dry ingredients
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups (sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) about half full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 17 minutes or until golden brown.
These were great! my family loved them and could not tell the changes that made them low- calorie! Next timeThough i might try putting less blueberries in each muffin cup because there were so many that it turned a purpleish color! i actually used these mnms and choco chips for my younger brither because he absolutley hates blueberries but i think you would be able to change blueberries to what your liking is. I LOVED THEM AND WILL MAKE THEM AGAIN SOON!
These were easy to make and delicious. I've been counting calories and I'm glad I came across this recipe. These muffins are a nice sweet treat that don't taste like diet food but help with portion control. Thanks.