Delicious blueberry muffins free from gluten, dairy and egg. * Tip - If you dust the blueberries with a little GF flour they won't sink to the bottom. * Tip - If using paper pans, brush or spray the inside of them with oil first so that you don't leave half the muffin behind on the paper.
- 2⁄3 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons vegan egg replacer powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarb, xanthan gum, and salt into a bowl. Add sugar and almond meal. Using a whisk, mix well.
- Beat egg replacer with water until fluffy.
- Beat in oil, silken tofu, soy milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 180ºC (350ºF).
Wow...these were shockingly good for what's in them! My DH is doing a cleanse where he can't have any gluten and these fit the bill and were a real treat! Thanks for posting!
Excellent recipe - finally a good muffin recipe for my son who is allergic to everything (it seems)! I omitted the almond meal and the silken tofu, using flax seed meal instead. I also substitued rice milk for the soy milk. These are the M's first muffins at 2 yrs old and he loves them!!