Recipe by grandma2969
the use of buttermilk in these muffins makes a huge difference..it is the only blueberry muffin recipe we use now..when coating the blueberries, I use some of the alloted flour for this...not extra
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease well a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center.
- Stir in the liguid ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Batter may be lumpy.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter (if using frozen, do not thaw).
- Fill the muffin cups about three-quarters full.
- Lightly sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until lightly golden or a cake tester inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Do not overbake!