Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
the use of buttermilk in these muffins makes a huge difference..it is the only blueberry muffin recipe we use now..when coating the blueberries, I use some of the alloted flour for this...not extra
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease well a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center.
- Stir in the liguid ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Batter may be lumpy.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter (if using frozen, do not thaw).
- Fill the muffin cups about three-quarters full.
- Lightly sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until lightly golden or a cake tester inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Do not overbake!
Definitely lacking in flavor as chef ck mentioned. I wouldn't make these again.
Good moist texture, but very little flavor; we could only taste the flour. Disappointing use for our fresh blueberries.
These are absolutely divine! Easy to whip up and the taste is lovely. My son loved to help mixing, filling the tins and sprinkling the sugar on the tops. I was able to squeeze out 18 muffins. Perfect sized for breakfast.