Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from the Loveless Cafe, just outside Nashville, TN. It's great for when blueberries are in season!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, brought to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk the butter, sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the butter mixture. Stir.
- Add the berries to the mix and gently fold a few times.
- Add the buttermilk and mix gently.
- Scoop out the dought into paper-lined muffin pans. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired, and bake for 20 to 35 minutes, depending on the size of your muffin pans. This will make 12 standard sized muffins or 6 Texas sized muffins.
These were very good muffins. I didn't add the sugar on top but wish I would have...it would have been a nice touch. I made exactly as posted and they were pretty easy to make. They weren't overly sweet but it was nice. Thanks for posting!! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag.
These were great muffins. I followed the recipe as directed but did not sprinkle them with sugar - next time I will. I got 15 regular sized muffins and they were done in 20 minutes. Thanks for sharing breezer. Congrats on your football win!!
What a blueberry pop of flavor! I don't know why this muffin is so much better than others I've tried but the blend of flavors is terrific. Loved the sprinkle of sugar on top. I received 18 muffins from this recipe (standards size tins) and it took 24 minutes to bake. Wonderful texture of the muffin too. Thanks for posting the recipe.