Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty muffins made with rolled oats, bran, applesauce, and honey.
Make and share this Blueberry Muffins (Fat & Wheat Free) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (defrosted and well-drained)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse rolled oats and oat bran in food processor for 10 seconds.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons oat mixture; in medium bowl, combine remaining oat mixture with baking soda and cinnamon; mix well.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine applesauce, honey, vanilla and milk; pour into oat mixture.
- Stir until just blended.
- Gently mix in egg whites.
- Do not over-mix.
- Dust well drained and dried blueberries with 2 tablespoons reserved oat mixture; gently fold blueberries into batter.
- Divide mixture evenly into non-stick muffin pan and bake at 350°F.
- for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, and remove muffins from pan.
I won't star this because I haven't made it yet, but to the chef who said oat bran has wheat in it - you are incorrect. WHEAT bran has wheat in it, oat bran has GLUTEN which is a different thing. People allergic to wheat may still tolerate gluten in forms of spelt, Kamut and oats but can't eat the wheat berry itself. Celiacs cannot eat anything wih gluten including barley, spelt, most oats, and Kamut.
??? just wondering how its wheat free, oat bran has wheat in it....