Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Eather fresh or frozen blueberries can be used. Frozen may need longer cooking time.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat over 400, grease muffin cups.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Mix egg, oil and water together, then stir them into the flour mixture.
- Stir only until flour is moist.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle top with optional sugar and cinammon (if desired).
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes.
For a recipe that didn't require milk and I could use frozen berries, I thought it was delicious and not bland. I did increase the baking time, as suggested, which is what prevented the muffins from being crumbly.
Followed the recipe exactly with an inkling it wouldn't turn out well. The muffins were crumbly, colorless and bland.
I found the consistency of the mixture very heavy and thick, not as smooth as I'm used to with other muffin recipe's I've used. So, I added 2 bananas and it seemed to work well but still a little bland for my tastes.