1/16 Photos of Blueberry Muffins
This is a recently adopted recipe of mine. My DS loves blueberry muffins so I had to adopt these for him. I reduced the amount of topping as well as amount of butter in the batter. These remind me of bakery style muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries (unthawed) or 236.59 ml frozen blueberries (unthawed)
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour, plus
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 large egg
- 236.59-295.73 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1To make the crumble topping, in a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- 2Add the butter pieces and cut into the sugar mixture with a pastry blender until the topping is crumbly; set aside.
- 3To make the blueberry muffins, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4Generously butter or grease six 8-ounce jumbo muffin cups.
- 5If using fresh blueberries, rinse and thoroughly dry the berries.
- 6In a small bowl, toss the fresh or frozen berries with the 1 tablespoon flour.
- 7In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; make a well in the center.
- 8In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and 1 cup of the buttermilk until combined.
- 9Whisk in the vanilla and melted butter.
- 10Pour the buttermilk mixture into the well.
- 11Begin stirring the liquids, gradually drawing the dry ingredients into the well until they are almost, but not quite, combined.
- 12If mixture is to thick, add the additional 1/4 cup of buttermilk and gently mix.
- 13Add the blueberries and fold in just to distribute evenly taking care not to overmix.
- 14Evenly divide the crumble topping among the muffins, sprinkling it on top.
- 15Bake the muffins for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 16Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then carefully turn out onto the rack.
- 17Serve warm, or cool completely.
- 18Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 247.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g