Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This classic takes on a whole new personality when the blueberries are combined with oat bran, rolled ots, and cinnamon. Serve them hot from the oven for Sunday breakfast!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and drained
- Lightly oil 12 muffin cups and dust with a litle oat bran or line with baking cups.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine flour, oats, oat bran, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon in large bowl.
- With a wooden spoon, beat together egg whites, oil, and milk in a separate bowl.
- Add to dry indgredients; stir only until blended.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.