Recipe by Kree
This is posted in response to a request. It's my favorite blueberry muffin recipe, and can easily be made ahead and frozen! Prep time includes time to cool before serving.
Top Review by Cynsav
Although the muffins were moist and delicious, only 2 came out as a whole muffin. The rest came out as tops and bottoms :) I used Pam in my muffin tins to grease them; maybe a butter greasing with flour would help. Also, I found that the batter exceeded the amount to fill the cups only 1/2 full, and I overfilled them. The muffins weren't huge, but because the tops spread out slightly over the muffin tin, it was hard to run a knife around them to release. I likely won't dust with sugar next time either. Tasty recipe anyways, so adapt to your circumstances. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries (may use frozen)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and sugar; add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and milk alternately.
- Mash 1/2 cup blueberries and add to above; add rest of whole blueberries.
- Grease muffins cups; fill 1/2 full.
- Sprinkle sugar on muffin batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 30 minutes before removing.